Old September 18th 05, 04:53 AM
Singh

Default Why is my Roxie marking?

I had expected it out of Stosh, who's very macho and territorial. Not my
Roxie, my well-mannered, quiet girl.

It started a little over a week ago, when Roxie was getting some alone time
with Louie and Odessa came in and butted her out of the way. Roxie got quite
****ed, boxed Odessa's ears and muttered a few impolite words. And then
Brandy was sleeping on "Roxie's Bed," which is really a pile of clothing
piled in a corner of the dining room table. (Indulgent parents that we are,
we eat in the living room.) Now Roxie is marking a single spot in the dining
room, either peeing or dropping nasties.

Have any of you ever dealt with this? Louie and I feel that it's a case of
"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore," because the others
do lord it over Roxie at times. The vet told us a cat reaches social
maturity between three and five years of age. Roxie will be four. Because
it's a single spot in one room, the doctor's ruled out sickness and figure
we have one mad girl. Now, how to get the mad out of the girl? I've heard
that Feliway is supposed to be quite a miracle worker. And is there anything
really good and effective at getting pee-smell out of a carpet? Seems even
bleach doesn't do much but foul the air. We are noticing subtle intimidation
from Stosh and Brandy: guarding the door to the computer room, usually
Roxie's favorite hideout, our barring her from other places where she
usually feels secure. Any help for a couple of frazzled kitty-parents?

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,