Old August 17th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Help needed: Cat keeps vomiting, won't eat, lost much weight

A buddy of mine has a 9-year-old cat that had recently coughed up a
really nasty hairball, and ever since then has neither eaten nor drunk
water. Whenever she tries to eat, it all comes vomiting back up.

She's been taken to both the usual vet and a veterinary hospital. Both
are at a loss...nothing showed on X-Rays and the bloodwork came out ok,
though there was a very slight drop in white blood cell count.

Anyone experienced anything like this The cat has lost more than three
pounds after six days of not eating on its own and she's getting
increasingly weak.

One person I spoke with had a similar situation with her cat...it ended
up that the cat had swallowed one of those sticky clothing tags that
they stick on new shirts. Wouldn't something like that show up on
X-ray?

The cat will approach the water/food dish, look up at its owner and
walk away as though to say, "I really want to eat, but it just hurts
too much!"

Any other ideas would be appreciated.