Old May 17th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default What to do with the ashes?

Since Peewee is still sitting on my mantle (after a year), and Mimi is
due to come back next week - the question remains...what should I do
with their ashes...?

Pee liked going outdoors - and I'd be inclined to put him in a pot
outside with some bulbs, though I'm not sure I want him and Mimi in
the yard here permanently. Mimi hated going outside - but I think
she'd like some flowers to chew on. DH suggested sprinkling them
at the park where I put my snakes...but that's not a place they ever
were, ya know? My dog is on a beach in CA because she loved it there
- if and when the other dog goes, she will join her. I can't see
putting the cats in a place they have never been.

I also thought about getting a cat statue(s), mixing the ashes in
cement and making a base for the statue(s). Then I could plant a
memorial garden. That way, I could always take them with me when I
moved.

What to do, what to do....