Old June 15th 05, 04:29 PM
Christina Websell

"Shirley" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Shirley" wrote in message
Thanks to all who sent purrs etc.

My ankle is healing well and it doesn't hurt to stand/walk now, it has
gone through some interesting colour changes over the last few days.

The eye op went without a hitch and nurse Smudge is making sure the
morning and night-time medications (eye drops) are done correctly, while
nurse Polly supervises the day-time ones (picture me laying down with a
mirror in one hand, dropper bottle in the other, and a cat sitting on my
chest with her head obscuring my view of the mirror).

For those not of a squeamish nature there are some before and after pics
of my eye at the link below. :-)
--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Let me try and say something this time blush

I must have missed this purr request (2023 messages still refuse to
download) so here are some belated ones for a full recovery. It
certainly looks good.
As a bit of a veteran of eye ops myself (4 since 2001) I got a tip from a
nurse about applying the eye drops without a mirror.
This only works with the type of dropper bottles that have a sort of
indent thingie at the neck, but most of them do.
Ok try this Shirley
1 - unscrew bottle - goes without saying g
2 - Tip head back
3 - Place dropper bottle horizontally with the neck indentation fitting
onto the bridge of your nose with the nozzle directly above the eye to be
treated.
4 - Squeeze.

You may have to practise a couple of times to get the nozzle in the right
position, but it beats lying down and trying to mess around with a
mirror, especially if the cats are trying to help!
Worked for me, anyway. Hope this helps.

Ack! the cats are rolling on the floor laughing at me. Me thinks you're
ambidextrous or a contortionist. :-)

No, it really works.

How about you come over and hold the cats while I put the drops in ?

How about you go into your bedroom and shut the cats out when you're doing
it? It is really important that you get these drops in. Eyes are pretty
unforgiving and you have to get it right. Once your sight is gone. it's
gone.

How's your recovery progressing?

I hoped it would be quicker, but then I always think other's illnesses don't
apply to me. Most of us do.

--
Shirley untangling her arms and wiping her face

I want to hear very very soon that those drops are hitting the spot. You
need to worry if not. Kitty FC says she will get you otherwise. Not an
idle threat either.

Tweed