Old January 17th 04, 07:37 PM
Mary

Imagine a human vigourously chewing gum and at the same time nodding his
head.

We thought initially it was hairball but that is not the case. It has been
going for a month now and his eating has almost stopped even though he takes
a few jabs of his food here and there and generally seems to be in a poor
health.

Had anyone had or heard of this problem with cats.

Thanks in advance.

As the others said, it could be an inner ear issue or dental problem. I do
squirrel rescue and I sometimes get in squirrels with head injuries. They nod
their head, sometimes chew. Generally it goes away in a couple of weeks if it
was not a major head injury. I had one who did it forever. He couldn't eat
normally. I had to feed him with a syringe. Hopefully it's just a dental issue.