Old May 15th 04, 12:32 AM
MaryL

"John" wrote in message
m...
My girlfriend and I are leaving Pittsburgh, PA in 2 months. We're
planning to take about 1.5 - 2 months to drive around the country
prior to settling in the Bay area. Our plan is to move our 3 lovely
cats out there ahead of us, so when we get to California, we won't
have to worry about coming back to Pittsburgh to get them.

So, does anybody out there know where we could possibly put 3 cats for
2 months? Or would anybody out there be willing to take at least 1 of
them for that long?

There is 1 boy, 3 years old, 2 girls, 5 and 2 years old. They all have
up to date shots, are all spayed/neutered and are very well tempered.

Is there any possible way that you could board the cats or leave them with a
reliable friend before you leave Pittsburgh? I realize that you would like
to avoid a return trip, but the situation you are contemplating means that
you would be leaving your cats with *total strangers* for up to two months.
You would not have any reliable way to check references. It would be much
better to locate someone in your current environment than to take risks in a
completely new situation.

MaryL