Old January 17th 04, 03:32 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
m. L. Briggs wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:41:35 +0000 (UTC), Priscilla H Ballou
wrote:

Little Miss Sunshine, who has been sequestered in my guestroom over the
weekend, becoming reacquainted with warmth, food, and the love of a good
human, was this morning revealed to be Inki, the pet of a woman named
Julie, who lives about four miles from me, across some tough bits of city.

It's a miracle Inki made it that far and survived, with no front claws.
(No, Julie is not the one who declawed her!) Between Friday night and
this morning, when she went home again, this time in a carrier in a car,
she really perked up in appearance. Her coat went from rough and greasy
to soft and smooth, and I think she gained about half a pound at least.
Sunday I think she had four meals! ;-)

So it's a happy ending. Julie and I had a long talk about collars and
tags. She's always tried to be diligent about preventing Inki from
getting out (Inki's a runner), but I think this scared her enough that
she'll be positively paranoid about it from now on. Inki was very lucky
to have made it through to this happy ending.

Now I have to make it up to my three, who have been a bit teed off at me
for the affair I've been having with the sweet young thing in the
guestroom. ;-)

Priscilla

I love happy endings and you made this one possible. Congrats!

Thanks! It was a very heart-warming experience. :-)

Priscilla