Old April 3rd 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Updates - Garvin, etc.

First, the A/C disaster. DH took a day off work today (like we need that
dock in pay), and climbed up into the attic to look at the A/C. He puttered
around all morning and could see anything obviously wrong (the A/C was still
working all this while, but the drain pan was overflowing). He had to leave
the A/C on continuously and wait until the hottest part of the day (oh my
poor baby up there in that heat!!!) to duplicate the problem. He finally
took a "snake"(?) and "snaked" out the drain pipe that leads outside and
found that it was clogged and the "snake" unclogged it. So, thank Bast, we
don't have to call out an expensive A/C repairman (and boy do they gouge in
hot weather in Houston). However we still have a caved in ceiling and a wet
carpet - this we'll just live with a while until we can buy the materials to
repair it (it's not like anything else in the house is in good repair, so at
least we match!! ;).

Now to Garvin. He lets us pick him up so we're going to wait until Saturday
and try to put him in a carrier to bring him to the S.N.A.P. clinic for
testing, shots and worming (they're open 7 days a week so we can try again
on Sunday if we don't succeed on Saturday). I couldn't get a Saturday
appointment at the surgical clinic for neutering - the were booked until May
(they're open Tuesdays through Saturday). The soonest at all opening they
had is for next Thursday, the 10th. I'll have to take some time off next
Thursday to drop him off at 7:30, go to work, then take some time off to
pick him up between 3 and 4. One hitch... They will not take him unless he
is in a "Have-a-heart" trap. They said strays can turn vicious and they
can't afford to have a tech stick his hand in the carrier with a sedative
injection - with a trap they can jab him through the bars no matter where he
goes inside. Now I have to find someone I can borrow a trap from because we
sure can't afford to buy one for a one-off use! I once borrowed one from
Sunmart Rescue (where I adopted Archer and Ozzy) so I'm hoping I can do so
again - but they're only at PetsMart on weekends, so I'll have to wait and
see. In the meantime I'm going to call the Spring animal shelter to see if
they might have one I can borrow.

As usual, nothing ever goes easy for us - I guess I should be philosophical
and say that that only makes us stronger, but I think I'll just gripe about
our bad luck instead! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped