Old April 3rd 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Updates - Garvin, etc.

Don't buy into that about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It all
wears. See, you just don't have any choice but keep putting one foot in
front of the other so, you do it.
"CatNipped" wrote in message
First, the A/C disaster. DH took a day off work today (like we need that
dock in pay), and climbed up into the attic to look at the A/C. He
puttered around all morning and could see anything obviously wrong (the
A/C was still working all this while, but the drain pan was overflowing).
He had to leave the A/C on continuously and wait until the hottest part of
the day (oh my poor baby up there in that heat!!!) to duplicate the
problem. He finally took a "snake"(?) and "snaked" out the drain pipe
that leads outside and found that it was clogged and the "snake" unclogged
it. So, thank Bast, we don't have to call out an expensive A/C repairman
(and boy do they gouge in hot weather in Houston). However we still have
a caved in ceiling and a wet carpet - this we'll just live with a while
until we can buy the materials to repair it (it's not like anything else
in the house is in good repair, so at least we match!! ;).

Now to Garvin. He lets us pick him up so we're going to wait until
Saturday and try to put him in a carrier to bring him to the S.N.A.P.
clinic for testing, shots and worming (they're open 7 days a week so we
can try again on Sunday if we don't succeed on Saturday). I couldn't get
a Saturday appointment at the surgical clinic for neutering - the were
booked until May (they're open Tuesdays through Saturday). The soonest at
all opening they had is for next Thursday, the 10th. I'll have to take
some time off next Thursday to drop him off at 7:30, go to work, then take
some time off to pick him up between 3 and 4. One hitch... They will not
take him unless he is in a "Have-a-heart" trap. They said strays can turn
vicious and they can't afford to have a tech stick his hand in the carrier
with a sedative injection - with a trap they can jab him through the bars
no matter where he goes inside. Now I have to find someone I can borrow a
trap from because we sure can't afford to buy one for a one-off use! I
once borrowed one from Sunmart Rescue (where I adopted Archer and Ozzy) so
I'm hoping I can do so again - but they're only at PetsMart on weekends,
so I'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I'm going to call the
Spring animal shelter to see if they might have one I can borrow.

As usual, nothing ever goes easy for us - I guess I should be
philosophical and say that that only makes us stronger, but I think I'll
just gripe about our bad luck instead! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/