Old June 15th 04, 03:35 AM
Patricia

Thank you Steve for the infos

Can I still use the pH indicator I bought at Petco?
It is just that utine is/ca be much more concentrated than water.
It's called Wardley mid range pH indicator.

Patricia

(Steve Crane) wrote in message
Patricia,
The strips are very difficult to work with. They generally do not
give you enough range so that it is possible to tell the difference
between 6.2 and 6.6. There are electronic pH meters on the market for
about $50. Although they are a bit more expensive they do work far
better. They are accurate to a hundredth of a point ie 6.12 They are
simple to use and work for many years if taken care of. Here's one
such source, but there are lots of places on the internet to buy them.
You don't need to spend $500 for a lab grade machine, the $50 versions
work very well.

http://www.labdepotinc.com/product_d...pid~12660.aspx