Old August 28th 03, 02:24 PM
Mark Sornson

OOgla wrote:

Prominent Bethelite made this up...I can assure you the JW's do not, and
have never believed this......

Not only that, but this article is clearly a spoof.

w03 11/15 31 - Q: Are cats for Christians?
Questions from Readers
Is it appropriate for a Christian to own a cat, in light of their past
pagan religious affiliation and the medical information that is now coming
to light? -B.L., U.S.A.

Given the 'reference' in the article to the 1964 Watchtower
(look for "w64 2/15 127-8"), the date of the article is
September 15, 2003 (not September 15, 1903 -- I cannot
personally check such articles). There is a "Question from
Readers" article in the w03 11/15 issue, but it isn't
this article.

So, either PB is just having a spoof (a rare thing for him),
or he's deliberately passing on a lie, or he thinks this is
a real article but didn't check it in person, or someone is
impersonating him and thus doing a double spoof.

It is the sort of thing that some JW-critics would wish
non-JWs to believe about JWs.

-mark.