Old April 9th 04, 07:21 PM
Captain Stupid

Default Introducing a new cat

I have a cat who, although I love him to bits, is totally paranoid. He is
convinced that any new event is something terrible and runs away.

About 3 weeks ago I got a new cat. She is a small sweet-natured nuter who is
about as unintimidating as you can imagine. Unfortunately, Mr Paranoid
refuses to have anything to do with her and will not even enter the house
(he sits in the garden and sulks).

I have tried bringing them both into the same room, with my wife there to
keep the new cat occupied, but all he does is find a corner curl up and hiss
(in a very pathetic way) if she comes anywhere near her. I have tried
sitting in the garden with him with her on the other side of the glass - but
he goes and sulks.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

CS