Old June 20th 05, 01:51 PM
Phil P.

wrote in message
ups.com...
With the risk of starting a war, I had not heard of declawing until
I came on this site, we do not do this, as far as I know, in the UK.
Also, we rarely keep our cats inside. It sounds barbaric to me, to pull
the claws out of a cat, it would be like having your
fingernails pulled out!

Having your fingernails pulled out tickles compared to declawing. A cat's
claw is not a nail as is a human fingernail, its part of the last bone
(distal phalanx) in the cat's toe. Declawing involves 10, separate
amputations of entire distal phalanx is the at the joint.

http://www.maxshouse.com/facts_about_declawing.htm