Old May 30th 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Off to the vet with Marlo

On Fri, 28 May 2010 21:30:37 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:
Marlo hasn't gotten along well with our new boy, Scooter. Scooter is
quite aggressive though, and tough. Espy also hates him and even Nipsy
isn't really friendly with Scooter - and Nipsy is very friendly with
other cats. I would have thought that Marlo would be more sympathetic
to Scooter since I also pulled her in off the street.

I noticed that Marlo's mouth was looking odd and there was blood on
her collar tag, and she won't let me open her mouth to take a good
look. It's gotten better over the last day or so and I think that it's
just a result of a fight with Scooter, but I really can't tell so I
made a Vet appointment for Saturday.

I'm hoping that it's nothing serious of course but since I can't tell
what's going on I'll have to endure the outraged screams of betrayal
and anguish as I load her into the carrier for the torturous five
minute drive to the vet. And the actual torturous bill of course.

Purrs for Marlo's trip to the vet to be not too stressful for her and for
you too.

Judith

Back from the vet and not great news. She has ulcers in the back of
her mouth so she's now on antibiotics and prednisone. We also took
blood tests since there's a chance that kidney disease could cause the
ulcers. Or maybe she just ate a big waterbug that disagreed with her.
I'll get the results Tuesday afternoon.

I think she's feeling a bit better though - she ate more than she's
been eating and was more energetic. Lately all she's been doing is
sleeping at the top of the cat tree. I can't tell if that's because
she's feeling poorly or because she hates Scooter's guts.