Old January 8th 14, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Sleeping at my Feet

Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the
end of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that.
I'm glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her
off the bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping
spots?

Our Chloe has been sleeping at our feet for years. She just settles
down right at the bottom of the bed and we hardly notice she's there.

The other two are a lot pushier about it. Ollie likes to wedge
himself in, either between a human's legs or between two humans.
Marblecake doesn't spend as much time sleeping with is, but when
she does, she likes to announce her arrival by pogoing all over
us and then slamming her full weight against us to make sure she's
well and truly snuggled in.

Our previous cats had a thing about the title of Pillow Cat, the one
that had the right to sleep on the pillow above the humans' heads.
It seemed to be considered the most privileged sleeping spot in the
house. Ishmael had that job for years, and after he died it passed
to Muriel and then Ishtar. Muriel was the easiest to deal with as
she could curl herself up into a compact ball and simply not move all
night - Ishmael tended to sprawl like a lion on a tree branch and
Ishtar would fidget, as she had kitty Alzheimer's near the end.

Chloe has a lovely habit of purring us to sleep while she licks my
hands. She and Marblecake often wake us up together - Chloe purrs
up a storm while Marblecake snuggles tight up against me and suckles
the duvet. She can get it soaked in happy-drool within minutes.