Old March 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
ktpie76

Default Tail Injury (Deglove)

I have a four year old cat. Yesterday I was a bad mom and left a window open.
The window shut on her tail and it was degloved. About half an inch of bone
was exposed. I took her to the vet, where they cleaned and bandaged her. They
sent her home with antibiotics. They suggested calling around to find a place
to do surgery and amputate her tail. Does anyone know: Is this something I
have to do? If I keep it clean and dry, will it heal on it's own?