Old March 20th 17, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default How I Became An Ailurophile Without Really Trying (Ch. 1)

On 3/20/2017 2:19 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:20:55 -0400, John Kasupski
wrote:

Of course color television was around in 1963. They were still pretty
expensive and there was not a lot of color programming but the sets
were available..

That's true...so if this does become a book, I will modify that statement to say
that according to Wikipedia, as late as 1964 only 3.1% of TV households in the
U.S. had a color set - and we were in the other 96.9%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_...#United_States

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

And I was right there with you...

We got a color TV in 1968... just in time for Dad to be transferred to
Thailand. It went into storage with everything but our bedroom
furniture. We pretty much didn't watch television for two years. Sure,
there was a black & white TV that came with the rental house. We pretty
much didn't watch TV for almost two years. I, for one, wasn't
interested in television with subtitles. LOL

Jill