Old November 4th 04, 03:15 AM
Yowie

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
The worse thing is, in his first term he governed as if he had a clear
mandate, despite losing the popular vote. Can you imagine how he's going
to govern this time?
I just hope the democrats in the senate have enough cojones to prevent
another Scalia or Thomas from joining the Supreme Court.
Victor Martinez

We now have none of the checks and balances that were wisely put in place

keep any one person or government body from having too much power.

For at least the next four years, we have a president with a mission,
nothing to lose, and a majority of both the house and the senate with the
same political bent.

With one or more appointments to the Supreme Court, the effect of this
administration and this election will last as long or longer than my
remaining years.

This concerns me beyond words. I'm having a really hard time comprehending
it right now.

Thats the trouble with democracy - people who have the wrong opinion still
get to vote :-)

Yowie
(please note the smiley there)