Old October 6th 03, 08:22 PM
LauraK

The best
solution would be to try and domesticate without declawing and teaching it
to use a scratching post, but I don't think this would be possible. Any
opinions or advise. This is a really cute cat and we have grown somewhat
attached to it.

Why wouldn't that be possible? Especially with a very young cat, it will adapt
readily to its environment. Even an old cat will.
When my mother died, my sister had to take the cat -- who had always lived
outside and refused to go inside -- to her home in New Jersey where it had to
adapt to indoor-only life with her three cats. My mother lived near Palm
Springs, CA.
The cat, which was quite old, did fine and lived happily for several years.
Cats will respond to kindness. You can teach them to use scratching posts. Be
firm and vigilant and get lots of scratching posts. It's easier with just one.
Two sort of gang up on you. Four, I discovered, is impossible.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography