Old January 3rd 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default cat grass question

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
She sniffed once and walked away.
I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...
Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

~~~~~~~
It seems to depend on the cat. My cats (Holly and Duffy, at the time
I tried it) ignored any cat grass in a planter. At the same time, I
could not have any living *decorative* indoor plants because they
would eat it. Likewise, they would not touch catnip that I grew, but
they love dried catnip that I buy.

Mary

Ah yes. Totally understand...
I'll give a try to putting it on the dining room table as a *decorative*
indoor plant. That might also tempt her ... or not

Sylvia R