Old July 2nd 03, 03:49 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Yngver" wrote in message
Joe Diamond" wrote:

I'm probably going to make this sound worse than it is, but does anyone

know
if it's normal for the front part (just around the front teeth) of the

upper
roof of a cat's mouth to be darker than the rest of the roof, which is

more
pinkish?

I think it partly depends on the coloration of the cat. Our cat that is

blue
cream, which is a dilute tortoiseshell, has some spotting on the inside of

her
mouth just as she does on the rest of her. Our white cat's mouth is solid

pink
with no variation in color, just as her skin is solid colored.

One of my cats was a solid gray; she had some dark spots inside her mouth.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon