Old December 15th 03, 04:32 PM
Carrie-Lou Salter

I have been taking oil painting lessons for 3 years. My idea when I

started
was to have something special to look forward to when I reach retirement

and
not become a "couch potato." I soon found that I love painting "right

now."
I just finished my first attempt at painting cats. I looked through

various
albums posted on these newsgroups, and I found a photo on Megan's site

that
I really like. She helped me a lot when I adopted Duffy, so I contacted

her
and got her permission to use her photo as a guide.

Result: I have posted a photo of my first cat "portrait" on
alt.binaries.pictures.animals. It is under the title "Princess and

Smidgin."
I enjoyed my first effort and thought I would share it with you (and am
cross-posting to the 3 groups I read most often).
--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Holly and Duffy:
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Hi, would you be willing to email it to me? I can't access the binaries ng
that you've posted it in, it's blocked by the firewall here at work....if
you could, I'd appreciate it, as I'd LOVE to see it. My mom has been doing a
lot of oil paintings of birds, and I'm getting quite an appreciation for the
art...

Thanks,
Carrie