Old May 27th 12, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default A Cat on a Bicycle!

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

When I was bordering on teen-age, I used to take my cat for rides in the
basket of my bike, but that was very much despite his protests and
attempts to escape!

Did you have him tied down or something? How could he not jump out of
a basket?

(When I think of all the traumas I put that cat
through, it's no wonder he was neurotic - like dressing him in doll's
clothes, seating him in a doll's highchair, and frequently treating like
an animated doll - proof that kids should not be allowed unsupervised
control of their pets.)

It sounds like the worst you did was to annoy him a great deal, but
that no actual harm was done. I still agree with not letting kids have
too much alone time with pets, unless the parents take a lot of time
to carefully teach the kids to treat the pets decently.

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis