Old March 20th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Marvel

Default SERIOUS: Pet food recall

"Julie Porter" wrote in message
ink.net...

What a shock one company makes all those foods, if I pay for Iams I

might be
getting Bargain basement .

No, no, it's a CONTRACT company. They make foods for lots of different
companies, under contract, per the recipe they are given. The foods are
NOT the same. They are just being produced, under different contracts,
from different recipes, at the same place. A lot of human food is made
this way. IE, Coca Cola has contracts with bottling companies that make
Coke, but they also make K Cola for a different customer from a
different recipe.

For some reason people are getting the idea that all foods made at a
contract company are the same food. That's not what a contract company
does.

Thanks,

I must admit that I reached busy numbers and roadblocks in every attempt to
see if I was affected.

Finally I got the info from rec.pets.cats.community and I am not affected.

Thank You

Julie