Old September 28th 03, 04:22 PM
Sherry

LOL. Make money at breeding? You're wrong. People see that pedigreed
kittens are sold for $400 or more and assume that breeders must be
making a profit. It's hard to understand just how expensive breeding is
without actually trying it.

Please read :
http://www.cowtowncats.com/cost_of_breeding_cats.htm

If every shelter or rescue facility spayed/neutered their cats before
adoption, as the one I work with does, they would have far fewer to
euthanize.

BarB

Barb, I understand your position, but you've also got to consider that for
every so-called "responsible" breeder, there are probably *dozens* of BYB's and
kitten millers. Who are, in fact, in it for the money.
Also, any reputable shelter *does* spay/neuter before adopting; or in the case
of kittens, requires a spay/neuter deposit. It is state law here.

Sherry