Old October 22nd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default Arrgh week from hell!! UPDATE

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. This little girl is one of my meezer
babies. She picked up within hours of getting the
antibiotic/antiinflammatory, and came out of my room asking for snuggles and
looking for the other cats. I was soooo happy, as she's my little darling
atm, she puts up with children, loves cuddles, and is a right little lap
fungus!! She's much better this morning, ate last night, but is still
looking a bit peaky so I will be keeping an eye on her and keep pumping
electrolytes into her. The vet prescribed grisofulven for the ringworm,
according to him that will knock it on the head and won't damage livers. So
everything's good (except for the rent....not looking forward to calling the
landlord) and everyone's healthy yay!! I also really like this vet, a lot
more animal oriented than profit oriented like my usual vet...so I think a
swap-a-roo is in order. he also early desexes which is great!! All the other
vets in cairns refuse, for the stupid old fashioned reasons, to desex before
6 months. And he only charged me $165 for a bottle of 100 griso. tabs, a
bottle of anti inflammatory, antibiotics, and the sunday appointment.
Considering every other vet here was charging $150 just to examine on
sundays, this meant I could actually afford the meds for her. I might have
to swap to program from revolution if that's the case; i don't want this
happening again!! And thanks for the tip barB, the only outbreak I've had on
me is where they played abseiling down my back. Ouchies!!
Thanks again for all the advice and purrs guys, I really appreciate it. I'm
trying to find a job so $$$ aren't so tight.