Old November 23rd 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AR[_2_]

Default HELP! My cat runs my house!

We have a 16 lb. nuetered American shorthair that's the man of the
house. If he meows and I don't let him out he goes and pees on my
kitchen rug a few minutes later! He shows his displeasure in peeing on
any rug he can find if he doesn't like something. He also pees in the
little box, and I'm sure this is spite. I've taken up any rug I can,
and have put citronella oil the rest, but no dice. He free feeds and I
have replaced his food dish with the soiled rug for a few hours so he
would get the idea, brought him over to the soiled rug and yelled at
him, put his food dish on top of that rug as I know cats won't eat
where they pee, but he just went over to the other side to access the
dish.

OK, I admit the cat has won! He is very smart, and obviously smarter
than me! Any ideas?