Old March 23rd 12, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

Default Update On Caboodle Ranch Cats

On Mar 22, 7:18*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Catlady" wrote in message

On Mar 21, 7:38 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

"Catlady" wrote in message

http://www.ifaw.org/us/news/hundreds...battle-disease
From those in the know, the evidence against Caboodle Ranch is
overwhelming.
A hotline has been set up for people that want to try to get their
cats back.

What? ... for people who want to get their cats back?! Um, people who left
them at the 'sanctuary' in the first place? That's ridiculous. If they
couldn't, for whatever reason, care for the cat(s) and left them at
Caboodle, what happens if the reclaimed cats have severe health problems
now? Don't give them back to people who dropped them off! IMHO

I agree for the most part. I wonder though if there are some that did
so who may have lost their homes and didn't know what else to do, but
are in a better situation and have learned a valuable lesson. I am
aware of a few people that are distraught and wracked with guilt as
they actually tried to get their cats back not long after they brought
them there but they had mysteriously disappeared (i.e. were eaten by
coyotes

______
Eaten by coyotes? *I hope you are not getting carried away in blaming. * Did
any cat get eaten by coyotes there, really?
Surely not. *I don't know a lot about coyotes, but I would think that if
they could have got in there, they would have cleared up the dead and
decaying cats that were alleged to be there.

It is well known that Caboodle Ranch has a problem with coyotes. At
onet ime, there was even a plea on their website for donations for a
coyote proof fence. Craig had a fence thatwas reportedly only abou 5
feet tall and coyotes and cat can scale such a fence easily.Cats
regularly got out of the fenced areas (and the coyotes got in) and
would go to neighboring houses. There is a photo that exists of a
bunch of cats from Caboodle Ranch outside of the compound walking down
the road.