Old June 30th 15, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Blimey, it's hot!

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
UK is set for a heatwave, and today it was 27C. Boyfriend loves hot
weather.
He went out this p.m. and didn't return for his tea at 3.45 - the time
that he moans about all the time (is it time yet?)

I kept opening the back door to see if he was there because he is a
creature of habit. No. I called him with my special four part whistle.
No. When he hadn't returned by 5.45 I looked for his body on the road
outside, as there is building going on at the end of the road and lots of
far too fast lorries going along this previously quiet road.
No body phew

He strolled in at 6 pm from my garden. It's almost unheard of for him to
miss his teatime. I suppose he was sunbathing somewhere in a flowerbed.
He did this once before, go missing for hours in very hot weather so I
guess I shouldn't panic. But now the lorries are up and down the road, I
do.
I am thinking about moving. I never thought I would say that. If I can
get a bungalow in a certain place, right next to my paddock 1/3rd acre
down in the village and only have to make a gate over a right of way path
I will seriously consider it.
There was one available last year. I should have done it.

This was once a wonderful place, everyone had at least 1/4 acre, some more
and all had hens, ducks, sheep, pigs which is why I moved there. Now the
original people have died and their children have sold up for building.
I've been offered a whole lot of money for my land. I always say No.
Unfortunately it blocks 3 of my neighbours from selling theirs which means
Boyfie has at least an acre to wander about in.
I'm not interested in being rich. I want Boyfie to have loads of room to
be a cat in.
Tweed