Old July 4th 15, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Blimey, it's hot!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

It was hot at 6am this morning when DH went to work. Sootie stayed out all
night, I think she spent a lot of it on our garage roof. There was a cat
fight about 4am. (much swearing from DH too) and when she did come inside
this morning there were three tuft of her fur sticking out but she didn't
seem hurt. She slept on the bed for 2 hours then went back outside. I
haven't seen her since but I haven't looked on the garage roof.

It's a shame that you're having to think about moving.

Judith

It was even hotter on Wednesday, 33C! Unbearable. I stayed in all day,
actually glad for once that the temperature in my house is always lower than
outside.

Boyfie is absolutely in his element, he loves hot weather. He is out most
of the day but comes in to sleep at intervals on his beloved freezer in the
conservatory (which is shaded). He isn't allowed out during the night.

However, we had a massive thunderstorm during the night last night. It woke
me up, the thunder was like a bomb going off, the lightning was spectacular
and so was the rain which has done the garden good and sorted out the
temperature to a more reasonable level.

George II was right. He said "The English summer consists of 3 fine days
and a thunderstorm" so it's always been so ;-)

I probably won't move. Knee jerk reaction to "what part of I have tolerated
this barking for 18 months, told you about it nicely, and he was doing it
again because you left him for 7 hours don't you understand?"
It's really frustrating. I don't blame the dog at all. Dogs are pack
animals and the poor chap gets terribly lonely.

I don't think cats mind too much being left because they are naturally
solitary, although I don't leave Boyfie for too long normally. He won't
scream the house down when I go out for a day at the seaside soon but his
tea will be late that day. He won't be happy about that.
He likes his breakfast, but his teatime meal is very important to him. 3.45.
No later.