Old November 24th 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default gone without a trace

jmcquown wrote:
Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

How many horror stories do we hear every year about
a space heater that wasn't properly equipped tipped
over and started a fire that burned down homes?
Especially during the holidays.

The kind of space heater I mean is attached to a wall or to the floor.

Anything that shocks an animal is not pet friendly.

It's a lot friendlier than letting them wander in traffic.

You can train a cat to stay inside without that.

But I don't *want* seven cats inside at all times.

Maybe you've never felt the shock of an electrified fence. It isn't
painful, just unpleasant - enough that you wouldn't want to touch it
again unless a monetary reward was involved.

My uncle (gosh, he must be 90 by now) invented the "invisible fence" with
the dog collar thing. That's how he made his first million. (Later in the
1960's he got into the computer business before computers were meant to be
in peoples' homes and made another couple of million. Too bad I haven't
seen the man since 1969, but then again, he has 6 kids to leave his millions
to.)

I never said you're ugly; but I don't want to see my neighbors
walking around gardening in the nude. Okay, so you'll have a fence.
I don't want to *know* my neighbors are walking around naked.

I can think of a few people you might make an exception for....

Only ONE, and even then when he and I sit around playing cards or backgammon
we wear jammies

Jill

This exchange, I couldn't help chuckling. Pat, I live probably about as
isolated as you. While I never would go outside stark naked, I did go
out in my underwear to get my capri pants/blouse off the clothesline
once. I ran smack into an entire seismograph crew who was working just
over the fence.

Sherry