Old May 8th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Default Weird Pet Names

Adrian A wrote:

I once knew a cat called Trevor, I also knew one of her kittens.

LOL :-)))

My second cousin has a cat called Alan. Also second category, I feel!

One of the problems of fostering is dreaming up new names for litters of
kittens. One particularly long-term foster mum resorted to using
scientific names in desperation (been through herbs, spices, wildflowers
etc), and eventually reached virus families. I believe 'Rhabdo' and
'Adeno' were used but I did have to actively dissuade her from using
'Herpes' despite it being a 'perfectly valid scientific name', and "yes
it does sound Greek, but we do want the kittens to find homes!"

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com