Old November 21st 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Default A wonderful thing happened today.......

Gandalf wrote and Mosey gentlly edited :

Here some of the churches have groups of young folks who like to do
things for others who need help - i.e. raking leaves, helping clean up a
house for a senior or disabled person, etc. for free, of course. Might
be worth asking a few of them if they have such a thing, or know someone
who does.

Bobble

That's a REALLY good idea! I will look into that.

It is a really good idea, thanks for that Bobble.

I vote at a Methodist church that is only a block and a half away, and I
have seen posters in there for a LOT of community type programs.

Well, call them...and see what they say

I grew up Catholic, and none of the churches I used to go to did things
like the Methodist church does.

But, I grew up in the suburbs, and now I live right in the city, so
perhaps it's different, in the city Churches, where there are so many
more problems in the community, than in the suburbs.

The suburbs have problems now too. It's a shame
Well, Gandalf, it couldn't hurt to call some Methodist churches, or some
place that assists the disabled
......a senior center, for instance. Couldn't hurt to try. Call a local
'helpline' and tell them your situation, and someone might be able to help
you. I'd go with the Methodist church first.
Purrs lovingly sent for this to all work out for you.