Old December 21st 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Fireplace cat

Response to :

However, my question is since she has to lick the stuff off her
paws is it any health danger to her?

Considering it's amorphous carbonaceous residue from unburnt wood (in
this case), I'd have to go with, yeah, it's probably a danger to her
(in the long run). A little bit here and there won't hurt her, but
then again, who knows?

Some kids take "E" and die, some take 2-3 a night and imbibe other
things while partying wildly -- it depends on the person (cat in this
case).

It isn't meant to be edible so I'd treat it as such.

I've used twisty seals to try and close up the division in the
meshy thing to keep her out but she could still go around the
sides if thoroughly motivated enough.

Try harder!

Good luck.

--