Old August 21st 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Communication

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:02:46 -0400, Ralph wrote:

I have to go with Ted on the separation of food, water and litter. I knew
to keep the litter a good distance away, but only recently found that my
tabby preferred the water a distance apart. I tested by having two dishes
available, and then switching the dishes to see if the actual dish was a
preference.

She also prefers filtered water to the municipal supply, but I think
temperature might be an influence, too. I use a Brita. Well, I like it,
too.

I have well water - deep well, highly mineralized. Several of the cats
prefer rain water, no matter how old and infested. One of them so likes
rain water that he walks out into puddles to find it deep enough. They
also like the stock pond water, but the pond is too far away for most of
them most of the time. It's also popular with the local wildlife: all the
game trails on my property lead there.

--
T.E.D. )

--