Old March 2nd 04, 12:56 AM
Jerry Kohl

Jacqueline wrote:

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:26:54 GMT, Jerry Kohl
wrote:

Jacqueline wrote:
I've got one at the moment that likes to suckle earlobes. I suspect
she was taken from her mother too young - I reckon she was only about
6 weeks when she came into my care (far too young IMO). Ever since
then she's gone for anyone's earlobes that will let her suckle. Two
years on and she's still doing it. She's otherwise healthy. happy and
content, but when she gets a lobe she goes off in a dizzy purring haze
of pleasure. Funny cat. I've never known it before - she doesn't try
to suck on anything else (I've heard of oriental breeds who like
wool), just earlobes!

We had an Abyssinian like that once, and we knew from the breeder
he had been taken from his mother a bit on the early side. He grew
out of the specific earlobe thing after about two years, but remained
very oral to the end of his days.

Hehehe. I think this one has some oriental blood in her. I've no idea
of her parentage but she's very lithe, with quite a pointed face. The
vet seemed to think so too, when he first saw her. She eats like a
horse but is incredibly skinny and active. She's a smashing little cat
though, and very very inquisitive. If there's trouble, she's at the
middle of it.

Perfect description of an Abyssinian, if you ask me :-)

--
Jerry Kohl
"Légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal."