Old September 16th 04, 08:53 PM
Sharon Talbert

Sorry; I didn't realize how young he is. Our vet tests at 8 weeks. We
re-test if the results are positive.

Sharon Talbert
Campus Cats

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Wendy wrote:

"Priscilla H Ballou" wrote in message
Sharon Talbert quoth:

As they become socialized, put them on the adoption block as soon as they
are old enough (8 wks min.), healthy and sterilized. Works for us!

Sharon, Sprocket's vet says he's too young to be tested for Feline
Leukemia. She says there are a lot of false negatives when they're tested
this young. He was 4 weeks old when she saw him, and she's seeing him
again at 8 weeks of age. Do you know when he'll be old enough to test
effectively?

Thanks!

Priscilla

I'm interested in this answer too. I've had conflicting info on this. The
vet I usually see won't do it until 6 mos. which isn't helpful when you're
fostering - or introducing a new kitten for that matter. Another vet tested
some of my fosters when they were only a couple of weeks old. Another vet
said they had to be 8 weeks. I've read conflicting opinions online as well.
Guess I'm not the only one confused about this.

Wendy