Old June 16th 04, 02:53 AM
Dan M

So my overall question(s)
1. Why in the hell am I doing this?????
2. What exactly is the degree in? I'm beginning to think insanity,
although they tell me it's bachelors in business management
3. From insanity, exactly how far away is one from blithering idiot?
(at least I'll be a blithering idiot with a degree and house full of cats).

So please, forgive my long-winded rant. I needed an outlet and decided this
was as good as any. Plus I have something else on my agenda - if anyone
even entertains the idea of going to UOP - DON'T DO IT! I don't even have a
family (real - meaning kids), I have no clue how others can do it. I would
really like to start my own newsgroup on the pitfalls of UOP.

Thank you for listening. I'm going to settle my fur back down now.

For what it's worth, I do understand. It is truly amazing
how many essentially illiterate folks graduate from high
school these days. And it's equally amazing the attitude you
find in a lot of people (perhaps most people?) who really
ought to know better.

And now for my rant - I've got a Bachelor of Science degree
in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Cal Poly,
Pomona. I've got more than 25 years of experience as a
computer programmer, system administrator, and software
engineer. So how come the only job I can find right now is
driving a semi for $.29/mile? I stay out on the road for two
to three weeks at a time, get to see my wife and my kitties
for maybe two days at the end of that period, then back on
the road again. And the miles I get are so few that we are
having big troubles just keeping our utilities paid.

I really do enjoy the work - driving a truck is fun. But I'd
be a lot happier if I could see my wife and my furkids every
night, and could pay my utilities without having to scramble.

Dan