Old July 24th 05, 02:35 AM
Arjun Ray

Default Feline Distemper

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:12:56 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

| True! I've seen some survive, even tiny kittens that you'd think
| were goners.

The survival rate for kittens is very low, but still non-zero.

| The good thing is that I believe they are immune for life if
| they've successfully beat it.

Yes, but I've learned that survival doesn't necessarily mean 100%
recovery. One side effect can be damage to the nervous system, which
can cause the cat to become uncoordinated at times. By cat standards
my Marie is a flat-footed klutz; the vet ventured the opinion that she
might have survived distemper when she was a kitten to be this way.