Old August 21st 05, 09:54 PM
Pamela Shirk

Default Week one of school: Partly OT

Well, I survived the first "week" of college. I'd forgotten how exhausting
it can be to attend two or three classes a day. I've been coming home,
doing any homework, then crashing until the next day. Eating has been done
with a pencil in one hand and a fork in the other.

So far math has been easy, but then it's all been review, and I haven't been
tossed back thoroughly into the cesspool of equations. The most time
consuming class, so far, has been critical thinking, which expects me to
outline the forward and first chapter of our text book by Tuesday. ACK!!!!
I don't know if I remember how to outline anything. My brain is already
being fried and I'm in panic mode.

Cat related spot...one of our neighbors brought down an 10-12 week old
kitten on Wednesday, right after I got home from school. Gracie, as the
kitten was named, was supposedly found wandering in the middle of the road
near a luxury housing development. I don't think so, but promised to do
what I could to find her a good home. The next day, Gracie was adopted by
one of the members of my freecycle group and is in a happy situation, with
her own health plan, special kitten goodies, and lots of toys. I grilled
Gracie's new slave for a while before letting her take on such a little
white and black splotted beauty. The new slave had to have her last cat put
down back in January due to an incurable disease. Gracie fell in love with
both of her new staff members right away. No children, two d-things who are
used to cats, and daddy is in the army so has pretty good job security. I'm
comfortable with the decision, although I did fall in love with the little
girl. She was so adorable, like our own Gracie, who posts in this group,
though not often enough.

Next week (tomorrow) is our first full week of school. Mike, Jim
(daughter's boyfriend) and I are carpooling, so we have to work out with
each other's schedules. So far it hasn't been too hard, but we still have
to do some adjusting.

Rob is happy not to have anyone keeping him awake while we're gone. I worry
about him, but am hoping that we can get him situated so that he is
comfortable. Mandy starts back in High School on Thursday. She's supposed
to be a senior this year, but she has to pass everything with flying colors.
She's smart enough, but tends to give up on herself halfway though the
semester. I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll be doing high school for
a while next year, but won't tell her that.

Pam S. who hopes that the cats won't tell Mandy what I think

--
http://www.mousertails.blogspot.com
Mouser Tails: The voyages of the Mouser

I'm not bad...I'm just written that way