Old June 1st 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Another food question

Wendy wrote:
However, her stool is more like a cow flop. I asked the vet about it and
they put her on Science Diet I/D and Metronidaz for 5 days. They also told
me not to give her the kitten food any more. Well that was last Saturday and
I haven't seen any improvement at all and she's crying for food all the time
again.

Kitten food is generally regarded as good for all cats. It's usually
very high in proteins and extremely high fats. Can you ask the vet WHY?
Why to stop kitten food? Something in particular about her condition
prohibits high protein and very high fats? Most adult cats would gain
way too much weight with kitten food so it is not recommended.

If she is a very small cat, then she may not need a lot of weight which
might be bad in the long run, that is, too much weight.

Again, can you ask your vet about these matters? I think you said she
had some resection so perhaps very high fat might be exceedingly
difficult to digest since cats don't have long digestive tracts to
begin with.

Does the vet think she needs to gain weight? It could be she does not
like the Science Diet or is she eating that? What is her weight? My cat
cries for food all the time. By improvement, do you mean weight gain?
Can you weigh her every day if that is a concern?