Old October 28th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Need Opinions / Help

CatNipped wrote:
I promised myself I wouldn't come back to the group until I could stop
whining about my problems. OK, I'm not going to whine, I want to *DO*
something to change things.

The problem... I think I've become a perpetual "victim". This is the
second boss in a row who is being really abusive to me. It's like "fool me
once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". I need to figure out how to
get back my self respect as well as get respect from the people around me (I
had it once, so I know it's possible).

Just because I couldn't pass the MCAD/MCSD certification exams (even though
I do all the work assigned to me 3 times faster than any other employee), my
boss kept pressuring me, hinting around that my job was in jeopardy if I
didn't take the tests and pass them. I finally had enough and told the
operations manager than I wasn't going to waste my own money on taking 5,
$250 tests, that I knew I would fail (you only get reimbursed if you pass
all five of the tests and get the certification). The operations manager
told my boss and my boss told me he'd "let" me "stay with the company" but
my duties would have to change (or rather be added to). Along with doing
all my current work (web development) I now have to do all the
administrative assistant tasks (he never did hire another admin person after
his last one walked out on him in the middle of a work day two months ago).
I will also have to act as backup to the operations manager. And since he
wants the phones answered from 8 to 6 I'll have to work from 8AM to 6PM 5
days a week (and if I need quiet time to do complex coding I'll have to come
in at 6Am but still leave at 6PM).

I know, I know, find another job - and I have been *DESPERATELY* looking for
one for three months now with no luck (as a lot of you here can sympathize
with - does our economy suck or what!!??). I think I'm running into the UFO
phenomenon though (ugly, fat, and old) because no matter how perfect I am
for a job, no matter how good the "fit" I'm not getting even one call back.

So anyway, no more whining about that - this is that last I'll even talk
about it, I just would appreciate some advice on how I might change it.

OB...

All the kitties are doing well although I had to take Samazon to the vet two
weeks ago to have her anal glands expressed (eeeewwwwww!). She was
amazingly good, and the vet and tech were amazingly brave to take her on
without a tranquilizer gun.

Bandit is still feeling chipper and getting around really well despite her
blindness. She has a great appetite, no litter box problems, and is as mean
as ever, so if it is a tumor causing her blindness, then that's all it's
causing - I just pray that if it is a tumor it's a very slow growing one
that will allow her years and years of time before it takes her.

Jessie is feeling really frisky with the cooler weather - her zoomies have
increased to 4 or 5 times a day and I expect to see the carpet smoking as
she blazes around the house, up and down stairs and across whole rooms
without touching the floor.

Demi is still our little valley girl... vain, kind of dumb, but exquisitely
beautiful even if she is never seen!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

boggle That sounds like an *awful* lot of responsibility for someone
theyre "letting stay on with the company." When you're feeling really
bad, try to imagine the day that you dump that clod of a boss and see
him struggling to fill your shoes the day after you leave.
It's like you said, you've still got within you all the attributes
you've always had. And you're *certainly*not either U, F, or O.
I don't even pretend to know anything about the field that you're in,
but after reading postings here from different folks, I imagine that it
would be very hard to work in. Technology changes so fast and there's
so much competition. It sounds tough.
Glad the kitties are good, especially Bandit, I was thinking about her
the other day.

Sherry