Old October 28th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default [OT] Need Opinions / Help

"CatNipped" wrote in message
LOL!!! Yesterday, as part of my new job duties, I was testing out the
phone system at work for different features. I kept trying to call my
home phone and kept getting a busy signal (which shouldn't happen because
we have call waiting). When I got home I saw that Jessie had stepped on
the speaker phone button on the phone in Ben's office. I guess she had
trouble holding the handset as she chatted with friends in China! ;

That is one of my far too many pet peeves. We had call waiting as well as a
lot of other telephone features because the kids spent so much time here.
They know how to use the features, we really don't. Call waiting was
supposed to be so we could reach them or each other when they had the phone
tied up. Only they would either ignore or disable it when it suited them.
As when we needed it to be working.

I finally had to get rid of long distance because of kid problems and I
dumped all their cool features while I was at it. Except for caller ID. I
need that because they never remember a message.

Jo