Old October 28th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Need Opinions / Help

The problem... I think I've become a perpetual "victim". This is the
second boss in a row who is being really abusive to me. ... Hugs,
CatNipped

Document the crap out of everything. I don' t know the law in your
state and it may be worth investigating, but I would think it would be
illegal for a boss to:

1. force you to do a pile of duties not under your job description
when you were hired IN ADDITION TO the job you were hired for
2. forcing you to work overtime without appropriate financial
compensation for the overtime
3. treating you in a way different from your coworkers (ie, giving you
far more work than they have, or expecting you to do things much faster
than they do)
4. give you a job without mentioning tests, then tell you you need to
pay for a bunch of tests out of your own pocket in order to keep it,
and firing you if you don't
5. refusing you time for necessary medical treatment

Write down everything. What happened, what day, what time, where, who
saw it, who said what...if you need to go to court, a written record
day-by-day on your side is much more valuable than your word alone.

In the meantime:

You have skills. You have abilities. You know you're doing good work.
You can offer that to other companies, why? Because YOU want a job.
YOU want it, so you're going out to get it. It is in their best
interests to hire you. Let them know why.

You need to stop focusing on your need for that job and start focusing
on why they would be lucky to hire you...and making sure that it gets
communicated.

Purrs.

--Fil