Old December 1st 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default My cats OK after home alone for 4 weeks!

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
You guys have mentioned all by my major fear of leaving pets alone home
(even for only a few hours):
house fires!
There are more this time of year than any, what with dry trees in the house,
space heaters in use overlaoding circuits, and candles burning!

My father got smoke inhalation from when his house
half burned down. The fire alarm had woken him just
fine, and he did go outside, but he came back into the
house to look for the cat (my cat Caitlin) who was hiding
in the basement all scared, and it was the time he spent
trying to find and catch the cat that gave him the injury.

I always try to remember that about him when I'm angry
at him for something else. It kind of works like counting
to ten.

8^)
--tension