Old December 2nd 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Is canned chicken broth okay for cats?

Matthew wrote:

Onions and onion powder are not and I REPEAT NOT OK for cats it can cause
serious problems

Food items that potentially could be dangerous to pets include onions, onion
powder, chocolate (bakers, semi sweet, milk, dark), alcoholic beverages,
yeast dough, coffee (grounds, beans, chocolate covered espresso beans, tea
(caffeine), salt, macadamia nuts, hops (used in home beer brewing), tomato
leaves and stems (green parts), tomato leaves and stems (green parts),
rhubarb leaves, avocados (toxic to birds, mice, rabbits, horses, cattle, and
dairy goats)

Are you sure about avocados being toxic to birds?
Apparently no one told the birds in the Los Angeles
neighborhood where I had access to an avocado tree - the
tree-ripened ones showed plenty of evidence of attention
from birds!