Old December 4th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Is canned chicken broth okay for cats?

jmcquown wrote:
Dewi wrote:
I read an article on chocolate and dogs and the study reported that
dogs require large doses of chocolate for an adverse reaction (other
than gaining weight). In regards to avocados and mice, it's the skin
that's toxic, the flesh is fine. I regularly feed avocados to my mice
and rats, minus the skin.

Dewi

My lovebird, Peaches, can die in a matter of hours if she ingests avocado.
Flesh, skin, doesn't matter. Avocado is toxic to her species. I follow the
advice of my veterinarian rather than something I read in a book or online.
Fortunately for me, I don't find avocados (nor guacamole) all that
interesting so I don't buy them. I'm also not a fan of chocolate

Jill

I saw on a TV pet show on that avacado was toxic to parrots. It's
unfortunate that wild birds eat it.

Dewi.