Old February 25th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Nasty Weather!

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:33:29 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

Poor Persia, she's hiding in the walk-in closet. We have some
really nasty weather all around us (tornado watches and so on,
although for now the warnings have been cancelled). The thunder is
booming and the rain is coming down in buckets. She's so afraid of
storms, poor thing, and I'm sure it's from when she was dumped and
forced to live on the big OUT. I keep going in there and giving her
little reassuring pats and telling her it's okay.

Ji

tu tu has been holed up for days. The night before last we had 7 inches
here of new snow and more is expected tomorrow. The mountains had
over a foot of new snow and avalanche danger is high. Last week five
people were lost in avalanches in our mountains. The skiers and
snowboarders are told to stay within resort boundaries, but they
think it can't happen to them.

I know, I saw something about the avalanches and rescue operations on
television. That powder may be tempting but it's very unstable. Purrs for
them and their families.

Jill