Old January 27th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

Default India Trip

wrote in
:

Dewi wrote:

Also avoid consuming fresh fruit, veges and ice if you want to avoid
tummy bugs. Although I ate all three whilst I was in Mumbai and
survived.

You might have a tougher stomach than the average USA'an, though.
We're so germ-phobic in this country that we're making ourselves sick
by not having enough exposure to low-level pathogens. I think we have
a harder time adjusting to the amount of bacteria in the water in
developing countries than other people from more industrial places
such as Australia.

But that might just be another one of my uninformed theories.

Joyce

Your theory is bang on. Two cases I know of: 1. My grandmother couldn't
understand why mother was always sick as a child, whereas the other kids
were never sick and they were allowed to play in the mud and always
getting dirty. 2. My co-worker was a clean freak and both her boys were
always sick, all their lives.

Bobble