Old November 19th 03, 03:27 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Laura composed with style:
i'm pretty sure that is what it is, complex.

My cat Shamrock was "diagnosed" with EGC because he tested negative on
all other causes for his reactions (IOW, ruled out other probably
causes). His sores were not in his mouth, but raised sores on his
torso and the base of his tail. His vet didn't test further because
she said the treatment would be the same for a formal diagnosis of EGC
or an allergic reaction, and opted to treat him with Depo (steroid)
shots. In the beginning it could mean shots every two weeks or so but
they aren't expensive. It could also be combined with AB treatment
(which the other vet wanted to keep doing without steroids) depending
on the severity. My Shamrocks new vet doesn't prescribe ABs with the
steroids but it took subsequent visits within weeks to determine that.
Depending on the vet they might wave office visit fees for follow-ups
but unfortunately mine doesn't. But I like her better than the
previous vet who never even mentioned EGC.